Sunday, September 19, 2010

More on the school saga....

Well it has been a while since I posted last and let me say that life just got in the way.  Isn't it funny how that seems to happen so much more these days.  I have been with the University of Phoenix they now say that even though I did the official withdrawal from the school in the correct way and at the time was not enrolled in any classes.  I still owe them for the first week of both classes that I would have been enrolled in if I had continued with the school.  Hello what? I said that the info for those classes were never even on my dashboard I could not even look at any information on them and I was not even suppose to start those classes as they cleared my schedule after I did the official withdrawal. 

Their answer well you would have started them had you not withdrew from the school so you have to pay for the first week to the tune of $1,400.  So now not only do I have the 10 grand owed on the student loans that I had to take out for the first year I now owe that as well.

Of course now I have been researching the school and finding so many people that have had similar circumstances.  I have no one to blame but myself I should have checked them out before signing up so that is all me and I full well owe the money for the student loans.  I will be paying for years to come for a year of classes that I will not be able to use.  See the school says I owe them this money and they will not release my transcripts so I cannot use the classes that I have taken at any other school. 

This just really makes me so mad and sad not only for me but for the tons of people that this has happened too!

The most ironic thing is I keep getting emails from the school asking me to sign petitions because the Obama administration is trying to regulate the for profit schools just like this one.  In this email it says how this school is for the working man and we need to save it.

Ha Ha! what a joke really I mean you screw working people every day!

Would love to hear if anyone else has just plain out been screwed by this school or any other for profit school for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment